Sunday, July 31, 2016

Exploring Seoul Through Sulwhasoo

Just barely three days since returning from Korea and I've already booked a flight to my next destination: i'll reveal this soon as the weeks draw closer. 

Korea was a blast. The only reason why I was in Korea was because my team and I had to shoot a special VR (Virtual Reality) project for one of Amore Pacific's brands, Sulwhasoo. If you're ever in Gangnam, go check out Sulwhasoo's flagship store, so intricately designed by Neri & Hu, an award-winning design duo. I didn't take a lot of photos of the store because I was too busy working, admiring the store, trying samples, etc. I think I tried waaay too many samples.




The view right when I woke up! It was 5am and I had woken up from a brief nap. Midnight flights are my favorite kind of flights for long-distance traveling because it's quiet. It does get uncomfortable to sleep on the flight but fortunately, I was too tired from a long day and slept like a baby. 



The rooftop event space at Sulwhasoo's flagship store! I love love love the design of this entire building, but my favorite place was definitely this one. The six-storey store boasts in two spas, VIP lounges, workshop areas and retail spaces. Upon entering, you'll be treated to soothing iced green tea and if you're lucky, an ampoule with ginseng extract for the extra kick.




Of course, the food was awesome! The Korean BBQ was my favorite besides this heavenly piece of Nutella and banana crepe, one of the many street foods you'll find in Myeong Dong, the shopping haven of the city.




I took a bunch of photos but I was too lazy to edit all.

I really enjoyed Korea. It was definitely a country that I had been wanting to tick off my travel bucket list. To be able to travel there for business was a plus, though I believe I would have enjoyed it more if I was there for leisure instead of work. Seoul is pretty safe for solo travel, though the cost of living can be pretty high (if you're coming from Malaysia). I was pretty happy to have had the experience of seeing another country. I doubt I'll be jumping onto the k-pop bandwagon but I must say that external beauty seems to be a thing around here. Be prepared to see an army of well-dressed, beautiful women and a whole load of beauty shops in the city. I hope I'll be able to go back again, perhaps to Busan or to Jeju Island.

P.S. Yes, I bought too many sheet masks (how could I resist a packet of RED WINE sheet masks?) #noregrets

No comments:

Post a Comment